Bossley Park High School Uniform Policy Rationale:
A uniform dress code reinforces students' pride in their own appearance, instills recognition of themselves as an integral part of the school community, and assists in developing pride in representing their school. Issues of equality, expense, and health and safety are also factors that contribute to the establishment of the Uniform Policy.
Key uniform requirements
The following points are emphasised to maintain the standards of the BPHS School Uniform Policy.
- Boys’ shirts are expected to be tucked in at all times.
- Senior boys must wear ties correctly at all times during Terms 2 and 3.
- Girls’ skirts must not be rolled at the top, or pleats stitched. Skirts must be at an appropriate length.
- Shirts worn underneath shirts or blouses must be plain white and if long sleeve or skivvys, the sleeves must also be white.
- Caps must be removed upon entry to buildings. Caps must be black or white or a combination of black and white. Beanies and visors are not accepted.
- Socks must be BPHS school socks – white with one black band. (This also includes sport lessons).
- Boys’ belts must be plain black.
- Boys’ shorts are to be worn, replacing trousers in warm weather. Boys must wear the same socks and shoes as per the normal uniform policy.
- Girls’ slacks, if worn, must be the correct BPHS style, purchased at Lowes, Wetherill Park or The School Locker, Orange Grove.
- For all excursions or out of school activities, full school uniform must be worn. Failure to comply may result in exclusion from the excursion. Variations to this will be noted on permission notes sent home.
- Scarves should be black or white, or a combination of the two. Incorrect uniform will be confiscated.
- Students may NOT wear the school sports uniform to school on their sports/PE days. All students must arrive to school in full school uniform. Period 4 sport/PE groups can wear their full sport uniform home. Students with physical disabilities may wear their sports uniform for the whole day on PE days.
- Fully enclosed all black firm and sturdy leather lace-up shoes must be worn. Not accepted: buckle-up shoes, ballet-style slip on shoes, suede or soft canvas style sport shoes, no coloured trim or coloured brand logo ankle high basketball-style boots, shoes with a heel greater than 3cms or platforms and boots of the Doc Martens or military style. Click here to view examples of acceptable shoes.
- Unacceptable items of jewellery will be confiscated and sent to the Deputy Prinicpal.