The Performing Arts faculty are committed to increasing the opportunities available to students through the implementation of quality teaching within the curriculum, co curricula and GAT programs. The faculty comprises of 5 passionate staff specialists who work towards engaging, nurturing and motivating students to be their best in their chosen discipline area. Our staff are continually involved in professional learning to ensure they are current with industry standards in the areas of Performing Arts.
In our courses, students discover a variety of art forms through a study of Dance, Drama, Music and VET Entertainment Industry. Studying the Performing Arts, students learn to appreciate, compose, listen, make and perform. Each art form has its own unique knowledge and skills, elements or concepts as well as a capacity to inspire and enrich lives. They also have an opportunity to further develop their knowledge and skills in other art forms through elective subjects and enrichment programs.
Bossley Park High School was one of the 400 public schools across NSW that took part in 2019 Schools Spectacular.
Over 8 weeks the staff and students were followed as they prepared to take the stage in November 2019.
Please click on the below links to view the episodes.
- Year 7 Mandatory Music
- Year 8 Mandatory Music
- Year 8 Elective Music
- Year 7 Elective Dance (through audition only)
- Year 8 Elective Dance
- Year 7 Elective Drama (through audition only)
- Year 8 Elective Drama
- Year 9 Elective Music
- Year 10 Elective Music
- Year 9 Elective Dance
- Year 10 Elective Dance
- Year 9 Elective Drama
- Year 10 Elective Drama
- Year 11 and 12 – 2 Unit Music 1 Course
- Year 11 and 12 – 2 Unit Dance Course
- Year 11 and 12 – 2 Unit Drama Course
- Year 11 and 12 - 2 Unit VET Entertainment Industry Course
Faculty Extra curriculum and extension activities
The Performing Arts Faculty runs a comprehensive extra-curricular program in the areas of Dance, Drama and Music. The emphasis of these programs is to provide access to a variety of choreographers, dance/theatre styles, and performance events to build upon and supplement skills learned in class. These programs have benefited the students in gaining entry to regional and state level representation opportunities.
Extra curriculum activities and activities include:
- Dance Ensemble
- Drama Ensemble
- Vocal Group
- Rock Band
- Instrumental lesson program - Guitar, Drums, Vocal lessons (Guitar & Drum permission note)
- GAT Initiative Program - Dance, Drama, Music
- Participation Schools Spectacular - Dance, Drama, Music
- Featured artists in the areas of Dance, Drama and Music in Schools Spectacular
- Excellent HSC results across all subject areas
- Representation in State Dance and Drama Companies
- Involvement in the Regional and State Dance and Drama festivals
- Numerous nominations for exemplary HSC works in Dance/ Drama/ Music
- GAT Dance trip to the USA
- Performances for the wider community events